Monday, October 19, 2009

Today in Class: Midterms

I gave midterms today.

It was 15 questions long.

The kids had an hour and half to answer those 15 measly questions.

Over half of them didn't finish.

*insert evil maniacal teacher laughing here*

As they were leaving, one kid turns to me, rubbing his tired hands and pocketing the remaining nub of his pencil.

Kid: Mrs. Revis, you hate us, don't you.

Me: I don't hate you, I just want to make sure you're learning.

Other Kid: If she doesn't hate us, she must just love our misery.

8 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

Awesome. I remember feeling that way about my teachers when I was in school. It's weird to see the other side of the coin. :)

(Though I will forever hate my anthropology Professor at USC--and not JUST because of the subject she taught--but because she prided herself on the fact that NO ONE would pass her class without the curve and the HIGHEST exam score was a C-. She really was pure evil.)

Angela Ackerman said...

*echos evil laughter*

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

Ouch! So what happens to the ones who didn't finish? Do they fail midterms?

Joshua McCune said...

How long were these answers supposed to be? Methinks you're being too kind to these kiddies... Crack the whip! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Too funny!
you must be harsh :)

Kate said...

Haha. Other kid's answer is brilliant =D

Clementine said...

I envy you - your job sounds like fun! But I hope your students never discover your blog - they may try to get even, lol!

Kelly H-Y said...

WOW!!! You must be a toughie!
LOVE these posts!