Saturday, October 10, 2009

Determination


Winners for contests announced...soon (tonight or tomorrow, depending on how quickly I can get the names printed, in a hat, and pulled from said hat).

What I'm determined to do this week:
  • Announce blog winners
  • Prepare some mail that needs to go out soon
  • Clean the house
  • Write the first chapters of a new book that I've been thinking about all week when I should have been focused on grading student essays...
What are you determined to do?

6 comments:

About Me said...

By tomorrow, I'm determined to have this darn chapter nailed down for submission to my writing group for our meeting next week. I am also considering if I have the time to write a short story for the Literary Lab contest.

Best of luck with your new novel idea. Novels are the funniest when they're at the idea stage, before we go through the love/hate war with them.

lotusgirl said...

Goal: get some sleep. I'm sure I will accomplish said goal tonight. Yay.

Shannon Morgan said...

Determined to finish an annual report and letter of inquiry for my day job before Monday, when I fly to visit family.

Good luck reaching your goals, everyone!

Marian Perera said...

Make sample tests for chemistry and parasitology.
Polish a query letter.
Clean the bathroom - I'm not as ambitious as you when it comes to cleaning. :)

Yes, if I finish those I'll be happy.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for asking! I need to make a list.
Work on revisions.
Put together a workshop I'm giving on Friday.
Promote book party.
Make cookies for book party.
Blog
Sleep
Eat
Wii :)

Natalie said...

That picture is hilarious. I'm determined to get several thousand words written on my new WIP-- even if they stink.