Friday, June 19, 2009

Ways to Avoid Work, parts 2-5

...get so caught up in work that you forget to post the clever little diversions you'd planned to post throughout the week.

I'm at 75k words. I've got most of the rest outlined. I have set a deadline to finish by tomorrow.

I've always said that blogging must come last on my list of priorities in life--well, this week that has rung true.

And, when I finish tomorrow, I plan on turning off Internet entirely for a week--so we'll be dark until almost July (unless a miracle occurs and I finish early enough to plan out some posts).

I've printed out a list of entrants for the book contest--see, I've not forgotten!--but every time I try to cut them up and draw one from the hat, I get distracted by a new book idea. Yesterday, I tried to type notes into my iTouch while driving down a mountain road. It's bad y'all: I've got to get this book out of me before it plots my murder!

So: before Saturday, I'll announce the winner! And I'll probably be leaving you with a fairly sizable linkspam that should last you through next week!

7 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Good for you, Beth!

Vanessa said...

You're so funny... love this post.

I have an award for you: http://ultimatebookhound.blogspot.com/2009/06/bit-about-me-awards.html

Erin said...

"...and I finish early enough to plan out some posts." -- You've already got me beaten just because you actually plan your posts. Mine either happen or they don't. *Sigh*

lotusgirl said...

Good luck finishing things up. *crosses fingers for you*

PJ Hoover said...

Have a nice week off, and GREAT JOB with the WIP! I hope I make it to the early reader list!

Kate said...

Great post! Enjoy your week off blogging!

Danyelle L. said...

*grin*

Good luck!