Thursday, May 14, 2009

You Know You're A Writer If....

...supper = throwing whatever crap you find in the fridge into a pan and calling it a day so that you can get to work on writing sooner.

Tonight's supper:
  • Some chicken, cut into pieces
  • Tofu that the label says expired in April, but the day I cave to TOFU LABELS is the day I hand in my ninja badge
  • A sweet potato, cut into pieces with a jack hammer as, for some reason, it was harder than a FREAKING DIAMOND
  • Leftover peas
  • Leftover green beans
  • Rice (cooked)
  • The remaining contents of a tub of chive and onion cream cheese
  • Whatever's left in the bag of shredded unidentifiable white cheese
  • Cinnamon, garlic powder, salt, pepper (here's how I administer spices: I open the jar and turn it upside down over the food for as long as I feel like it)
Throw it all into a cast iron frying pan, then go watch the Daily Show (until they get to the interview, which is boring). By the time that's done, so is supper.

(OK, so it sounds horrible, but it was actually pretty tasty...and quick enough so that after supper I was able get straight back to my manuscript!)

[ETA: Not all writers cook as if they're still in college! Check out Nomadshan's tasty dinner here!]

11 comments:

lotusgirl said...

That sounds dreadful. I hope you don't get sick tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sound good to me. In my house, anything like this over rice is officially called goop!

Unknown said...

I almost always cook like that--with me, it's either a gourmet recipe, or a thrown together mess...the Husband never knows what to expect!

Shannon Morgan said...

At least you didn't cave to the tofu label. You shall be a ninja for another day! (And Dave made ours. I specialize in scrambled eggs.)

Heather Zundel said...

Can I tell you how much I love you Beth? Truly, you rock my world. And rock on ninjas! Ninjas forever!

Kate said...

Enjoy. I should really try tofu one day :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow...you ate dinner?

I had a Twizzler.

(Just kidding!)

I actually made crab cakes! With REAL crab! Julia Child must be rolling over in her grave.

C.R. Evers said...

Yep! I am the queen of simple cooking. :0)

Danyelle L. said...

*grin*

Yep. Cooking and eating take up so much time that could better be spent writing. O:)

Robyn Campbell said...

Uh, did C just looove it? At least you got to the MS quickly. We had sandwiches. :)

Davin Malasarn said...

Ha ha ha ha! That's hilarious! I'm going to wage war against the tofu labels too! --I need me a ninja badge.