Haven't done this for a bit...which has led to a lot of linkspam! So, if you want to know what I think is the best of the best in the past few weeks, read on. But if you don't...at least read the info on the first few posts, which are all for very worthy causes.
- Bridget Zinn is an author. And she has colon cancer. Several authors are showing their support for her--could you do the same? You could, perhaps, buy a signed copy of Hop! Plop! (the proceeds of which will help Bridget)
- Not for charity, but another auction...Bid now for Hunger Mountain, with auctions including ms. critiques!
- Liana and the Daffodil Principle.
- T. Anne on Passion.
- Have you seen this awesome writing room?
- How Diana Peterfreund wrote Rampant: Reviewer X's new series on Pub Stories.
- Willy Wonka and the Writing Industry--a hilarious and accurate take on writing and publishing!
- LitGirl: Confidence in Key
- Anatomy of a Good Query, by Rachel Gardner: an author who had this agent salivating for more. I was interested in this one because the agent tweeted about finding the query when she found it, and then blogged about what made it work. I hope to get an agent that excited someday!
- Speaking of Twitter, here's agents who do just that.
- And speaking of that, here's children's authors on Twitter, too.
- Rundown on agents talking shop.
- Reverie's excellent rant, re: adults and YA lit.
- What works in a pitch. Read this before writing your query--heck, read this before you finish your novel and use your pitch to help you focus your writing.
- Flights of Fantasy gives a great run-down on fulfilling your promises to the reader. Totally worth reading.
- Literary Rambles and my writing bud Robyn clued me in to Cythinia Liu's Writing Challenge
- Remember when I blogged about how Savvy author hit NYTimes bestsellerdom fame after she gave away her book in electronic form? Well, Maw Books is giving away a copy here.
- OMG OMG OMG a contest that includes an agent who wants YA SF!!! Oh, yeah, and some other stuff.
- WOW. What a great contest for Cindy Pon's debut novel (plus cash!)
- Want free books? Love give-aways? This is the most comprehensive list I've seen lately.
- An editor's take on why she says yes--or no.
- Can you write a good cliffhanger? Then the Girls with Pens want to give you prizes!
BOOKS I WANT