- BEST PARODY OF STAR TREK EVAR. Go read, but only if you've already seen the movie.
- Some great quotes about books and reading.
- What's your book personality? I'm "involved."
- What book are you? I was Pride & Prejudice, even though I took the quiz twice trying to be something cooler. Ah well, there's worse heroines that Elizabeth.
- HEHEHEH. Disney gone wrong.
SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
- Why not use an eco-friendly font for printing all those drafts?
- Cheryl Reif just got an agent.
- Shelli got an agent, too.
- Brenda Bowen got a new job as an agent.
- Are you (like me) jealous of people who get agents and success and sometimes fell like giving up? Or do you feel confused and in need of a new compass? Well, don't give up.
- Reviewer X's interview with Lisa Schroeder on her path to publication: excellent details about the writing journey.
- Wings might be a bestseller now, but check out what Aprilynn Pike went through on her writing journey before NY Times bestsellerdom.
- Are you like me? I'm revising this summer. So is everyone else here.
- Anyone who can compare Frankenstein to writing in one blog post = awesome.
- Jenna compares art and writing--eloquently put.
- Creating a good scene through sequencing and motivation. Totally worthwhile.
ON THE WRITING BUSINESS
- One agent on why the first five pages are so important.
- Why the query is so important (with some interesting stats)
- An agent's take on being the best you can be (without joining the army)
- This always interests me: how big would your manuscript be if it were in book form?
BOOKS I WANT
(And a new book review site!)