Friday, July 11, 2008

Linkety-links

Argh. I really really really am just putting off editing cause I don't wanna! I *hate* editing and revising!

But my Spartan conscious tells me to get to work or he'll stab me with his pointy sword, so I'll just throw up some links and then disconnect my computer, tie myself to my chair, and type like mad.

First link: From Maureen Johnson's blog, about how muses aren't that great, actually.

Second link: Have you read The Book Thief yet? If not, you'd better read it before I send my Spartan after you! It's one of the best books ever written--seriously. I wept, I laughed, I wept some more. Anyway, Yapping about YA has an interview with the author, Marcus Zusak, who I totally have a literary crush on.

I guess I had more prospects than him when I was nineteen, but I didn’t really feel like it. I at least knew what I wanted, and that was to be a writer…That was when I was in my very valuable (in hindsight) failure stage, where I couldn’t finish anything, where I was aiming too far out of reach. What I didn’t realize is that I was struggling to find my own style.

4 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the reminder on The Book Thief. I bought i a year ago, but I'm going to download the audio version this week. So excited!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Um...Markus Zusak is all mine, I tell you! :-)

PJ, you are going to love the audiotape. It adds a whole new dimension from the book, which is simply divine.

Thanks for the links!

Unknown said...

Seriously, it really is one of the best books ever written. Here's how good it is. I brought it to class one day to give to a fellow teacher. One of my students saw it and asked to borrow it. By the end of the month, she and *eight* of her friends had passed the book around and read it!!

Tabitha said...

I *loved* The Book Thief!! Fantastic book. :)

Great link on muses! I'm in complete agreement, so I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sending it along. :)