Friday, July 4, 2008

Back!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

I'm back! And boy do I have a lot to catch up on!! I've got tons of critiques to catch up on with my two crit groups, I've got to start getting ready for two other trips (anniversary and...*shudder* leading a group of 6 kids to yearbook camp), and I am simply dying to make a iBook of my Europe pics (I saw castles! Soooo many castles!)!

First, let me say thanks to everyone who commented on my posts about myths in books. It's a subject I love, and I really enjoyed writing about it.

I'm still a bit jet-lagged and brain-dead, but I thought I'd introduce y'all to my new favorite addiction...Bookshelves of Doom!

Written by a librarian, BoD is a fun, reliable, quirky sort of book review site. The blogger focuses mainly on YA (yay!) and the adult fic she reviews is really good stuff...the sort of stuff I either love reading or have been planning on reading.

And better yet, she loves Doctor Who. (And can I just mention that I saw the latest episode of Doctor Who in England? My friends went to see The Merry Wives of Windsor...but I watched Doctor Who! *squeee!* And now I'm about three or four weeks ahead of the episodes in the States!!)

OK, serious posting and a regular schedule to resume once I've gotten, you know, sleep.

4 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Welcome back! And pictures will be awesome. Hope you got some great ones!

Write2ignite said...

Welcome back! I'm preparing for an anniversary trip, too. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Tabitha said...

Glad you had fun!! Europe is beautiful, isn't it? So much older, more historical, than anything we've got here.

Hope you post some pictures! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I've got some great pics... Oh, and Tabitha, you're so right about being older. I was walking in Bath, with my hand running against the wall, when my fingers brushed against a plaque saying that the wall had been built in the Middle Ages! So cool!